To report a repair or book a gas service, between our office opening hours (9am-4pm), please call 0121 633 4633 and press option 1. To report an emergency repair outside of our normal office opening hours, please call our out-of-hours repair line on 0121 643 6060.
When you contact Trident Group to report a repair, you will speak to one of our Customer Contact team members, who will log your repair and confirm the date when the repair will be carried out. For some repairs (not emergencies or communal repairs) we will offer you an appointment.
Repairs may be delayed if you are unable to describe the problem clearly. In some cases, to ensure the repair is carried out effectively, we may need to arrange an appointment to inspect the problem before logging the repair.
How quickly will your repairs be done?
When you log a repair, depending on the type of repair, it will fall under one of the following categories:
Emergency – 24 hours
The repair will be logged as an emergency if it presents an immediate risk to the safety or security of you or your home. An operative will attend within 24 hours. We will normally only attend at night when failure to do so will endanger your health or safety.
Emergency examples include: complete electrical failure, major leaks, no cold water supply, securing doors/windows to your home, gas leaks, blocked toilet (if it is the only one in your home) structural damage, and total heating failure (No heating and hot water) between 1st November and 30th April.
Out of Office Hours Emergencies
If you experience an emergency outside of Trident Group’s normal office opening hours, please contact our out-of-hours repair line on 0121 643 6060. We will only attend if the repair cannot wait until the next working day. Therefore, we ask that you are honest when telling us how bad the problem is and what steps you have taken.
If a contractor attends an out-of-hours emergency, they will only be required to make safe or isolate the problem. Any follow up repairs will be carried out at a later date.
If we tell you that we are sending a contractor on an out-of-hours call, we ask that you wait in for them to arrive. If you do not wait and they are unable to gain access to your property, we may charge you for the cost of the visit.
Routine Repair – 1-28 days
The repair will be logged and the earliest available appointment will be given. If the repair is urgent but not an immediate risk, an operative will attend within 7 days.
Urgent examples: partial electrical failure, no hot water supply, re-glazing following board up, internal running overflows, controllable leaks (including blocked or leaking waste pipes), broken toilet flushes, roof repairs, total heating failure between 1st May and 31st October.
Routine examples: internal joinery repairs, minor plumbing repairs (including external running overflows), plaster repairs.
Tenant vulnerability will always be individually assessed prior to deciding the urgency of the work.
Appointments for repairs can be arranged any time from two to 28 days (also see Priority Repairs) from the date of your repair request and we can now offer three types of appointment slots, Morning (8.00am–12.00pm) Afternoon (2.00pm–5.00pm) and between the hours of (10.00am-2.00pm) to help with commitments such as school runs.
If we are unable to complete the repair work on the day of the appointment, the team will make arrangements for a return visit.
If you are out when a member of our team calls, a missed appointment card will be left with an alternative date. If you are unable to keep with the newly scheduled appointment, please call the office to rearrange with a suitable date.
As your landlord, Trident Group is responsible for the majority of the repairs and maintenance requirements when you rent one of our homes.
However, as a tenant, you are also responsible for some maintenance and repairs. This includes paying for anything that requires repair if it has been damaged deliberately, carelessly or neglected by you or your visitors. If required, a member of the Maintenence Team may visit your home to check whether this is the case.
If you do not report a problem, this could result in extra damage and you may be billed for the work. Therefore, please tell us immediately when you notice a repair is needed, for example, report a faulty pipe when it is dripping and do not wait until it has burst.
The areas that Trident Group is responsible for are;
- Repairs to the structure and outside of the building including roof, walls, external doors, window frames and drainage.
- Repairs to fixtures and fittings including sinks, toilets, electrical wiring, fitted heaters and radiators.
- Communal areas and services.
The areas that you, as a tenant, are responsible for are:
- Anything that belongs to you or was originally installed by you after you moved into the property.
- Unblocking sinks and waste pipes.
- Replacement of light bulbs fuses and taps washers.
- Re-glazing or replacement glass in broken windows as a result of accidental damage.
- Replacement batteries where we provided battery operated smoke detectors (wired or wireless).
- Repairs required as a result of damage caused by you, your family or your visitors.
- Replacement keys or gaining entry for lost keys or locking yourself out.
- Curtain Batons.
- Replacement doors due to a forced entry.
If you are unsure of who is responsible for a particular repair, please contact our Maintenance Team.
Re-charges– what you need to know
Trident Group aims to provide a responsive and efficient repairs and maintenance service. In some cases, and in line with your tenancy agreement, it is necessary for Trident Group to re-charge you for repair work that we carry out.
Here are examples of when we do this:
- If the repair work is necessary due to deliberate damage, misuse or neglect to your property, its fixtures and fittings or any communal areas; caused by you, your family or your friends.
- If we have to change alterations which you have made to your property, the communal areas or communal grounds, without receiving approval from Trident.
- If you ask for extra/replacement door entry fob.
Sometimes we may ask you to pay after a repair has been completed, this may be due to:
- Our contractor calling on a pre-arranged day but cannot get access to your home. This may result in us recharging the cost of the call-out.
- An emergency repair logged which is not an emergency. This may result in us recharging the cost of an emergency call-out.