The PURE Project is a part-funded European Social Funded project. This project has been brought together by Birmingham City Council and is delivered by Trident Reach.
The PURE project is now in its second phase of delivery and has evolved to enable it to continue delivery in a challenging environment. The project continues to bring together a range of coordinated interventions which will assist the needs of vulnerable people living across Birmingham.
The project will continue to deliver to vulnerable people aged over 29 years of age with multiple and complex barriers who, as a consequence of their vulnerability are distant from the labour market. The project will continue to deliver across the whole of Birmingham with an emphasis on areas of deprivation such as Ladywood, Aston, Lozells and East Handsworth and the super output areas with above 25% out of work rates.
Intervention Workers and PURE providers will be spread across the city at key locations and centres with outreach to assist citizens in their own communities.
Targeted activities will support citizens who are vulnerable as a result of;
- Domestic abuse
- Complex needs including drug and alcohol abuse, ex-offenders
- People with disabilities and learning disabilities
- Visual and hearing impairment
- Mental health
- Impact from Covid-19, including loss of employment
- Mental well-being, learning disabilities/difficulties or any other wider barriers
The project beneficiaries will be citizens who are excluded from the labour market and Trident Reach will be supporting those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to access education, training and employment. A dedicated Intervention Worker will provide support to include:
- Identifying FREE education and training opportunities
- CV support and skills analysis
- Job search and application support
- Identifying local employment opportunities
- Digital inclusion and access
- Enhancing employability skills, such as interview skills
- Inclusion and connection with community support services
- Building confidence to become more financially independent
Eligibility for the PURE Project
- Must be aged 29 years or over
- Live in Birmingham
- Not be in education, training or employment
- Must have the right to live and work in UK
For more information contact PUREenquiries@tridentreach.org.uk or call 0121 226 5805
Click the following link for more information: